To get the most out of your candle, you must care for it with love so it will last longer and burn better for you. Here are some tips:
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before lighting it, every time. This prevents soot and smoke.
- The first time you light your candle, let it burn until it has achieved a full melt pool (liquified wax that has reached the edges of the container). This will establish the memory burn and will help keep the scent of your candle strong and your wax from tunneling, resulting in a clean, even burn.
- Avoid burning your candle for more than 3-4 hours to prevent your wick from drowning, for a longer lasting candle.
- For safety, use the cover when extinguishing your candle.
- Before you relight your candle, make sure that the wax is completely cooled and hardened, trim your wick and clean out any wick bits.
- If there is black soot around the lip of the container, remove it with a baby wipe, damp cloth or paper towel and ensure that your wick is trimmed to 1/4" with each use to avoid soot build up on the jar.
- Never leave your candle unattended, and burn on a flat surface away from drafts, flammable objects, pets and children. Do not attempt to move your candle while it is lit.